Wednesday 4 May 2011

Cats 2 Logbook.

 Critical and Theoretical Studies Logbook
Throughout this semester for each of my CATS lessons I have been keeping a logbook. I have created this logbook so that I can reference back to it at anytime.  

Week 1. Comparing & Contrasting Products
This was the first session back after the Christmas holidays, and the first session of the second semester. In this session we had a good look at products, and other media and compared them both.
By looking at different media, and then comparing them allowed me to open and broaden my perception and opinion on such matters. We also went into, and talked about psychology, and some of the psychology backgrounds of the comparisons we have been looking at. I enjoyed this lesson as I really enjoy psychology, and found this very interesting.
Week 2. Surrealism Presentation / Psychoanalysis
In this session we looked more into some psychoanalysis of media and products, as well as looked at the psychology effect in art, namely surrealism.
Later in the session we went on to present some of our findings in surrealism, and we all went onto discuss how surrealism can effect art, and had a deep discussion about psychoanalysis. I really enjoyed this session as I enjoy learning about psychology, and I also really enjoy art, and discussing the effects and impacts both have on each other.

Week 3. Psychoanalysis Presentation (Cancelled)
This lesson was cancelled.




Week 5. Essay Proposal
In this session we continued to discuss about psychology and surrealism, but then went more into discussing about the essay that we are going to write and how this essay needs to be structured and the topic of this essay.

Tom Hodgson also went over what we will be doing when we return from the reading week.

Week 6. Reading Week
This lesson was off as we were all on a reading week.

Week 7. Psychoanalysis Presentation
In this session we went over our psychoanalysis presentations, and continued to look at psychology and the workings of the human mind as we continued to broaden our knowledge.
I enjoyed this session as I enjoy discussions, and, as previously stated, enjoy psychology.

Week 8-9. Abscent.
        I didn’t attend these two sessions as I was ill.

Week 10. Essay Discussion
In this next session we further continued to discuss about our essays, and started to get an idea of how our essay was to take place and start planning our essay.

We also had a private discussions with Tom regarding the topic of our essay, and how we would go about comparing these two products and how we would write our essay.

Week 11. Absent
I was unable to attend this session due to illness

Week 12. Intro To Propaganda
In this session we started to look at propaganda, which is something I have looked at previously, as at A level History I did a full unit on propaganda during WW2.

We started by discussing what we think propaganda is, and how it effects us. We later went on to look at propaganda in modern times, mainly at the civil war in Libya.

I really enjoyed this session as we were talking about something that I was previous, and still very much am, highly interested in.

Week 13. Absent
        I was unable to attend this session due to illness.